ČVRSNICA - Bosnia
PeriodMay - November days
What to bringHiking boots or sturdy walking shoes, day pack, 2 litres of water, rain gear, sun hat, head lamp, a small towel and camera.
Level of dificultyModerate
Čvrsnica is the most beautiful mountains in Bosnia. It's part of a chain dividing Bosnia and Herzegovina. The trip offers the most beautiful views on Čvrsnica, one of the most beautiful parts of Via Dinarica trail, a sleep in the hut on 2000m right on a cliff above Diva Grabovica valley, and spectacular Hajdučka vrata.
- Pick up at 07:00 anywhere in Sarajevo.
- Long drive to Dugo polje nature park.
- The hike starts easy through forest. We will cross many fields, and fantastic scenary.
- After two hours we will leave our gear, and go towards small Crvenjak lake, the highest lake in Bosnia at 2005 m.
- We continue to Hajdučka vrata, a natural stone „door“ on the edge of a cliff. Picnic lunch and an optional hike to Trinjača peak.
- Return to pick up our gear and a short hike to Vilinac mountain hut.
- Dinner and sleeping in the hut.
- Packing and hiking to Veliki Vilinac peak for views on whole Čvrsnica mountain.
- Hike back to the starting point with a lunch on the way back.
- Return to Sarajevo around 20.00.
Total Walking Hours: 7-8 total for two days
Departure Time: 07:00 AM
Departure Place: We will pick you up anywhere in Sarajevo
Estimated Time of Return: 20:00 PM
- Transportation from Sarajevo and back.
- One night in mountain hut with breakfast and dinner.
- Picnic lunch both days.
- At least one English speaking, fully equipped and experienced mountain guide.
- Additional food and drinks in the hut.